102: Introduction to Philosophy
Quiz: Divisions of Philosophy
Directions: Evaluate the following statements and mark them as "true" or as "false" in accordance with your assessment.
1. _______________ Epistemology includes the study of the nature, scope, and limits of human knowledge.
2. _______________ Ontology is the study of the nature of reality or the existence of beings in reality.
3. _______________ Axiology is the study of the fundamental properties of any system of knowledge.
4. _______________ Ethics is a subdivision of aesthetics as the study of God's rules for what is laudable and what is punishable in human behavior.
5. _______________ Whether or not I should study for a test tonight or go to a party tonight is an ethical question.
6. _______________ Whether or not Rembrandt actually painted "The Night Watch" painting is an epistemological question.
7. _______________ Whether or not some photons have no mass is an ontological question.
8. _______________ Whether or not beauty has an objective basis is a controversial question in aesthetics.
9. _______________ Everyday concerns of living life to the fullest are predominately ethical concerns.
10. _______________ Aesthetics is an inquiry into an evaluation of artistic values.