|Philosophy 102: Introduction to
Ethics and Philosophical Ethics
ETHICS TEST CONTENTS
Answer any four of the following questions as
clearly and concisely as possible. Be sure to give supporting reasons in your essay and be
sure to use paragraph form.
1. What is the problem of evil and what is Hick's
ultimate answer to the problem of evil?
2. What is James' argument against determinism?
What is his ultimate conclusion?
3. Why is ethical relativism mistaken? Give at
least one convincing argument. (Be sure to define ethical relativism.)
4. State in some detail at least four different
accounts that Ivan suggests might be used to account for evil in the world. Explain why he
rejects these accounts.
5. According to Sartre, what is anguish,
forlornness, and despair? Does anyone live without them?