Introduction to Philosophy
Quiz: The Socratic Paradox
Directions: Circle the letter corresponding to the best answer to the following questions.
1. According to Socrates, all persons seek
what is most servicable to themselves.
2. According to the Socratic Paradox, if a person is in ignorance, then he
a. is likely to
make the wrong decision.
3. According to Socrates, sometimes we make poor decisions because we
a. seek what is in
our own best interest.
4. The most important thing in living a life of excellence is, according to Socrates,
a. to distinguish
between those things in our control from those outside of our control.
5. If I choose to cheat on a test in order to get a passing grade, then, other things being equal, according to Socrates,
a. I really don't
understand the nature of the soul.