Next: About this document ...
Problem Set 2: Diagramming Arguments
Directions: Diagram the the structure of the following arguments by referring to the numbered statements.
- (1) The graphical method of solving a system of equations is only an approximation, (2) since measuring the point of intersection depends on how accurate the lines are drawn.
- (1) Math grades for teens with bipolar disorder usually drop noticeably about one year before their condition is diagnosed; (2) thus, probably bipolar disorder involves a deterioration of mathematical reasoning.
- (1) You have been learning much more about sentence structure; (2) I've noticed that your essays are quite sophisticated.
- (1) Although the sky is cloudy, (2) there's a patch of blue in the northwest,(3) so the rainy weather is quite possibly ending.
- (1)Kelly Brownell wants a fat tax on ``extra-value meals'' (2) because 7 percent of Americans eat at McDonalds daily, (3) and obesity has risen 25 percent in the U.S. recently.